Hepatitis B and liver cancer are the greatest health disparities experienced by the Asian and Pacific Islander population. Hep B Free: Santa Clara County seeks to unite community and medical stakeholders to promote awareness of hepatitis B. This will be accomplished by:
- Building public and healthcare provider awareness about the importance of testing and vaccinating Asians and Pacific Islanders for hepatitis B.
- Promoting routine hepatitis B testing and vaccination within the primary care setting.
- Providing access to medical management for chronically infected individuals.
- Create a public awareness & education campaign via advertising, news stories, PSAs and events.
- Create countywide collaborations to eliminate the transmission of hepatitis B by improving access to services.
- Create hepatitis B educational opportunities for primary care clinicians.
- Provide free or low-cost testing at community and healthcare settings and events.
- Promote testing for insured patients within the primary care medical community.
- Provide free or low-cost vaccination through hospital programs, community clinics & special sites.
- Promote vaccination of insured patients within the primary care medical community.
Treatment / Follow-up
- Refer patients to their primary care physician or to appropriate clinical sites for follow-up & care.
- Support primary care clinicians with access to hepatitis B educational venues.
- In addition to identifying community physicians to offer treatment, hospitals and related clinics will be asked to make a specific commitment to provide charity care for uninsured/underinsured patients who need hepatitis B follow-up and specialty care.
To contact the campaign, please email Arcadi Kolchak at email@example.com or Braden Hirasawa at firstname.lastname@example.org.